Fusion CPA offers venture capital fund accounting and tax planning for investors and the startups they fund.
What is Venture Capital Financing? Venture Capital is financing provided to business start-ups with high growth potential. Although many of these investments typically have high-risk levels for investors, high returns are also possible and offset the risks. The investors are usually high net-worth individuals who can afford to take significantly higher risks associated with venture capital investments.
There are several stages involved with a business’s initial growth, where venture capital may be invested. A small amount — known as seed money — is invested with the intention of providing a proven business concept. Once product development has begun and market share is in the process of expansion, the venture capital investment amount is higher, and finance is dispensed in several rounds. Investors can recoup their investments by either selling the business to a larger company or by selling shares in the business at a public offering.
Venture capital fund accounting can be complex. At Fusion CPA we aim to give business owners a 360-view of their finances with accurate accounting data. We’ll also assist you through tax planning and business advisory when the time is right.
The Scope of Venture Capital Fund Accounting
Typically, venture capital investment firms invest $10 million or less in numerous business startups with high growth potential. These firms will then exit by selling their shares in equity financing, mainly at initial public offerings (IPOs). Both private equity and venture capital firms have special accounting needs that include:
- Venture capital tax planning that includes state, local, and international tax consulting services, strategy, and structure
- Full-scope auditing
- Financial modeling, projections, and other complex financial projects
- Various business valuations and other business matters
- Transaction advisory services
- Executive search services
- Systems development, such as accounting, internal control procedures, and budgetary systems
- implementing computer systems, or maximizing existing systems
- Internal audit assessments
- Purchase price allocation
- Develop cost-effective responses
- Business advisory services
- Due diligence preparedness for buyers and sellers
- Access viability acquisitions by evaluating and implementing successful plans of acquisitions
- Pre-transaction planning and evaluation
- Opening balance sheet audit
That is a lot for a venture capital accountant to keep up with, which is why instead of having just one venture capital fund accounting specialist to manage everything, most firms outsource these tasks to a venture capital accounting team like ours.
Choose A Trusted CPA
Our venture capital fund accounting CPAs ensure that our client’s finances are correctly established. When dealing with money invested in a business, investors want to be assured that they have the right advisers who can handle everything from venture capital accounting to venture capital tax planning. We’re also passionate about helping businesses succeed with private equity.
We assist investors and startups
Our team of seasoned venture capital financial advisers provides value to investors with an understanding of the opportunities and challenges that growth may present so that entrepreneurs can focus on growing their businesses.
This blog article is not intended to be the rendering of legal, accounting, tax advice or other professional services. Articles are based on current or proposed tax rules at the time they are written and older posts are not updated for tax rule changes. We expressly disclaim all liability in regard to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this blog as well as the use or interpretation of this information. Information provided on this website is not all-inclusive and such information should not be relied upon as being all-inclusive.