Outsourced Controller Job Listing
Our Outsourced Controller will work closely with firm leaders as well as staff and clients. As we continue to grow our business, a critical part of this controller job is the continued development of an accurate and efficient back office.
Fusion CPA is an award-winning outsourced accounting, tax planning strategy, and growth advisory firm for businesses located in Atlanta, Georgia, and all around the United States. We are a very technologically forward-thinking and growth-minded firm, which extends to our clients and staff. Our clients rely on us to help them stabilize, analyze, and grow their businesses. Because we do a great job of this, we’re growing and are looking to bring an Outsourced Controller into our fold!
Controller Job Description
Our ideal candidate would be:
- An experienced financial controller or accountant with 5+ years of experience
- A QBO Proadvisor with experience and comfortability with integrating interfaces
- Experienced in NetSuite, preferable, but not required
- Comfortable in one-on-one interactions with CEOs/owners and can manage difficult client situations
- A quick learner and a self-starter
- Someone who thrives in a work from home environment
- Excellent at time management and have phenomenal organizational skills
- Excited by technology
- Highly motivated and driven
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A detail-oriented team player and problem-solver by nature
- An effective communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA strongly preferred but not required for this controller job
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor with experience and comfortability with integrating interfaces
- 2 – 5 years of Quickbooks Online and Quickbooks Desktop experience
- 2 – 5 years inventory management experience/working with companies that get their inventory audited regularly
- Deep knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks, Bill.com, Expensify, Webgility, Hubdoc, as well as NetSuite)
- Recognizes opportunities to advance client processes and procedures
- Accounts Payable experience integrating and utilizing software like Bill.com and Intuit
- Accounts Receivable experience
What the role entails
To succeed at this outsourced controller job, you must be someone who really enjoys doing all of the essential tasks:
- Assist with new client on-boarding and through the process of product adoption
- Advise and assist with data migration
- Assist clients with accounting best practices
- Communicate effectively with owners/management on a regular basis to establish performance expectations
- Assess internal control environment and implement process improvements
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Forecast short-term cash needs and assists in managing costs and cash flow
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; file financial reports; advise management on needed actions
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
The Fusion CPA Way
We have an unbeatable culture dedicated to developing leaders within our industry. Our vision is to create a financial foundation and culture of accountability wherein CPAs and clients thrive together! We intend to be the CPA firm of the future.
Individuals who exhibit the following characteristics tend to be a great cultural fit for Fusion CPA.
- Attention to Detail
The diligence we show in our work makes the work of the next person clear and clean.
- Customer Service
Understanding that our best clients are our current clients and the referrals that they can give us help us grow.
We respect the value of everyone’s time and priorities.
We take immense pride in our work and constantly strive to meet and exceed Fusion’s expectations.
We hold ourselves independently accountable to the work we are entrusted with
Recognition of the need for both emotional stability and the desire for growth. Our people are our most valuable asset and we support them however we can.
We take care of our employees. We value our employees, and we will pave the path for your career progression. We consistently provide continuous learning and training via mentorship from both our internal and external experts.
How to Apply
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject
[your first and last name – Name of Position Resume For Fusion CPA]