Approaching the end of the year means we're also approaching year-end planning. I made some lofty goals for the Fusion team that we'll discuss at our annual retreat in late November. The main goal? To give the team a chance to contribute both company and individual “Objectives and Key Results” (OKRs).
Initially, I had made these goals on an annual trip to Lisbon, Portugal with my Entrepreneurs Organization (EO) forum. It was the perfect kick start to aiming high. After our trip, I was reminded of an experience that I have always been extremely grateful for. I was starting my first company as a budding entrepreneur, and a friend gave me a Tony Robbins disk set.
The disk set was "Tony Robbins Personal Power: a 30 day program".
I loved it. Long story short, with his virtual guidance I grew that company to a point where I could leave a corporate 9 to 5 job and simultaneously hire another full time employee for my company.
Fast Forward to 2018
I love a challenge. I also love a good Tony Robbins refresher to help keep my eyes on the prize, and my feet on the ground. Hence, my wife and I decided to go to "Unleash the Power Within" (UPW).
My annual trip with EO helped set the stage for my initial vision for 2019. UPW helped me formulate a daily ritual of balance between this bigger vision, its execution and the daily stresses that affect all entrepreneurs that strive for consistent and constant growth.
- Our physiology and health are directly correlated to our daily energy levels.
- Starting each day in a peak state of health is essential to our success.
- Setting aside daily time to focus on gratitude, achievement and celebration, directly affects stress levels in a positive way.
- Spend 30 minutes a day reading inspirational or biographical content from outstanding people.
- Your strategic goals and financial goals are directly correlated. This isn't news to me, but it is too many. With creating a strategy must come a financial forecast and an associated financial budget. This MUST be reviewed at least monthly so you can foresee potential issues and opportunities.
- Find a COACH to help keep you ACCOUNTABLE.
If it wasn't obvious enough, I highly recommend my main man Tony Robbins!!
This blog article is not intended to be the rendering of legal, accounting, tax advice or other professional services. Articles are based on current or proposed tax rules at the time they are written and older posts are not updated for tax rule changes. We expressly disclaim all liability in regard to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this blog as well as the use or interpretation of this information. Information provided on this website is not all-inclusive and such information should not be relied upon as being all-inclusive.