Efficient data entry is crucial for maintaining accurate financial records within any business. Not only does it save you the time that comes with laboriously entering data manually, but it also gives you improved data visibility to encourage taking data-driven decisions. Reliable and accurate data are the building blocks of business growth. In this article, we explore the simple ways in which you can streamline data entry within QuickBooks Plus.
Streamline your data entry within QuickBooks Plus
A smooth data capturing process will help you to save time, reduce errors, and focus on the operations that grow your business. Within QuickBooks Plus there are number of ways in which to remove the frustrations that come with manual entry.
1. Use the data import and export features
By leveraging the import and export features of QuickBooks Plus, you can seamlessly transfer data between tracking applications and software. Importing and exporting data directly between platforms minimizes the need for manual inputs. Consider the following:
- Software integrations: There are a number of tracking tools and software that allow you to synchronize data with QuickBooks Plus. Integrating your software will automate the data transfer process for ease and accuracy.
- Exporting and importing data with Excel: QuickBooks Plus enables you to export data to Excel, make necessary changes or additions, and then import the updated data back into QuickBooks. This method is particularly useful for bulk updates or modifications.
2. Connect your bank accounts to QuickBooks Plus
Having your bank accounts directly linked to QuickBooks means that the software can track and record transactions accordingly. This eliminates the need for manual entry and reduces errors as it gives you real-time access to transactions. By leveraging bank feeds effectively, you can significantly streamline data entry in the following ways:
- Customize rules for transaction categorization: Teach QuickBooks how to categorize specific types of transactions by setting up rules. These rules automatically assign categories to transactions based on predefined criteria, further reducing manual effort.
- Regularly reconcile bank accounts: Reconciling your bank accounts in QuickBooks Plus ensures that all transactions are accounted for. This also safeguards your business against data discrepancies.
3. Automate recurring transactions
Salaries need to be paid monthly and so do other running costs. Manually inputting these are not only tedious but could also put your business at risk of discrepancies if you ever forget to capture this data. By setting up recurring transactions within QuickBooks Plus, you can automate regular transactions and reduce manual input in the following ways:
- Set up recurring templates: Identify recurring transactions and create recurring templates for each of these transactions within QuickBooks Plus. Within this feature you would specify the frequency, amount, and other relevant details to ensure accurate automation of your frequent transactions.
- Review and adjust recurring templates: To ensure continued accuracy, it is advisable to periodically review your recurring templates to ensure they reflect any changes, such as price adjustments or new vendors.
QuickBooks Plus is designed to offer the features that medium and larger-sized businesses need to thrive. When investing in this software it is imperative to consult a CPA for a professional QuickBooks setup to ensure that all its features are adequately implemented for you
Fusion CPA is a team of professional accounting controllers. We understand QuickBooks’ benefits and can help you get the most out of the software. Learn more about how Fusion CPA uses QuickBooks Plus and other accounting software to help organizations manage their finances and grow their businesses.
The information presented in this blog article is provided for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute legal, accounting, tax advice, or other professional services. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability of the information contained herein. Use the information at your own risk. We disclaim all liability for any actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this blog. The use or interpretation of this information is solely at your own discretion. For full guidance, consult with qualified professionals in the relevant fields.