The Cincinnati Reds are in Atlanta, Georgia taking on the Atlanta Braves in a best out of three series. This three day visit by the Cincinnati Reds will prove to be very beneficial for the city of Atlanta being that they will be able to collect state taxes from the Cincinnati Reds players. Let's estimate how much the State of Georgia will collect from the top 6 earners of the Cincinnati Reds. We first need to know what each players’ salary is for 2018.
According to Spotrac.com the 6 highest earning players and their salaries are:
- Joey Votto makes~ $25mm
- Scooter Gennett makes~ $5.7mm
- Raisel Iglesias makes~ $5.214mm
- Billy Hamilton makes~ $4.6mm
- Tucker Barnhart makes~ $4.437mm
- Eugenio Suarez makes~ $2.535mm
The MLB has 162 games in a season. Since we know that the Georgia State tax is calculated at 6% we can now estimate how much the 6 highest Cincinnati Reds players will owe the State of Georgia.
- Joey Votto will owe Georgia ~ $27,777
- Scooter Gennett will owe Georgia ~ $6,333
- Raisel Iglesias will owe Georgia ~ $5,793
- Billy Hamilton will owe Georgia ~ $5,111
- Tucker Barnhart will owe Georgia ~ $4,930
- Eugenio Suarez will owe Georgia ~ $2,816
This blog article is not intended to be the rendering of legal, accounting, tax advice or other professional services. Articles are based on current or proposed tax rules at the time they are written and older posts are not updated for tax rule changes. We expressly disclaim all liability in regard to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this blog as well as the use or interpretation of this information. Information provided in this website is not all inclusive and such information should not be relied upon as being all inclusive.