Melissa Barnett, MAcc
Tax & Accounting Manager
- Years of Industry Experience: Bookkeeping/Payroll/GA S&U 10+ Years, Corporate Tax Accounting 7+ Years
- School: Liberty University
- Degree: MS Accounting
- Industry Specialties: Start-ups, Venture Capitalists, Home Builders, HOAs, PTAs, Non Profit Ministries
- Why you love being an accountant: I love how books balance and, when in balance, reveal the health of a company and the fruit of their labor.
- Hometown: Originally, Dallas GA. Currently, Cumming GA. A true GA Peach.
- Something you do for fun: Get dirty! My husband and I enjoy OCR (Obstacle Course Racing) which consists of trail runs, lots of mud, and sometimes electricity. I also enjoy watching my boys play sports and relaxing with a good book beside a pool or beach.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be and why: Teleportation. Traveling is a passion of mine, yet planes, trains, and automobiles can be quite expensive and/or slow. Teleportation would allow me to see more places more often. Also, teleportation could prove to be quite handy in avoiding Atlanta traffic!
- Any family or fur babies: My husband and I have 3 boys and 2 extra large Labradoodles, all of which are my heart and joy.