Senior Tax Manager Job Listing
Our Senior Tax Manager will work closely with firm leaders as well as staff and clients and will be responsible for planning, supervising, reviewing, and completing client engagements. The senior will be expected to be proactive with tax planning suggestions for clients and cultivating our client relationships. All of our clients are entrepreneurs, and they lean on us to be there for them for tax and accounting advice as they grow.
This is a fully remote position and open to individuals in the US.
Who we are
Fusion CPA is an award-winning outsourced accounting, tax planning strategy, and growth advisory firm for businesses located in Atlanta, Georgia, and all around the United States. We are a very technologically forward-thinking and growth-minded firm, which extends to our clients and staff. Our clients rely on us to help them stabilize, analyze, and grow their businesses. Because we do a great job of this, we’re growing and are looking to bring a Senior Tax Manager into our fold!
Senior Tax Manager Job Description
Our ideal candidate would be
- An experienced tax accountant with 7+ years of experience
- Experience using QuickBooks Online
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excited by technology
- Highly motivated and analytical by nature
- Adaptable and driven
- A detail-oriented team player
- A problem-solver
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Tax or Accounting
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- Exceptional QuickBooks and MS Office Suite skills, particularly Excel
- Proficiency with computerized tax software
- Ability to service multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with the emphasis on the ability to articulate complex tax and financial information to all levels of clients
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
What the role entails
To succeed in this role, you must be someone who really enjoys doing all of the essential tasks:
- File federal and state returns, extensions, and quarterly payments
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues
- Maintain legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws
- Maintain compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities
- Identify profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations, and report preparation
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure the correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Maintain focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent issues
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
The Fusion CPA Way
We have an unbeatable culture dedicated to developing leaders within our industry. Our vision is creating a financial foundation & culture of accountability wherein CPAs & clients thrive together! We intend to be the CPA firm of the future.
Individuals who exhibit the following characteristics tend to be a great cultural fit for Fusion CPA.
- Attention to Detail
The diligence we show in our work makes the work of the next person clear and clean.
- Customer Service
Understanding that our best clients are our current clients and the referrals that they can give us help us grow.
We respect the value of everyone’s time and priorities.
We take immense pride in our work and constantly strive to meet and exceed Fusion’s expectations.
We hold ourselves independently accountable to the work we are entrusted with
Recognition of the need for both emotional stability and the desire for growth. Our people are our most valuable assets & we support them however we can.
We take care of our employees. We value our employees, and we will pave the path for your career progression. We consistently provide continuous learning and training via mentorship from both our internal and external experts.
How to Apply
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject
[your first and last name – Name of Position Resume For Fusion CPA]