Senior Tax Accounting Specialist
This Tax Senior will work closely with firm leaders as well as staff and clients and will be responsible for planning, supervising, reviewing, and completing client engagements. The senior will be expected to be proactive with tax planning suggestions for clients and cultivating our client relationships. All of our clients are entrepreneurs, and they lean on us to be there for them for tax and accounting advice as they grow.
Who We Are
Fusion CPA is an award-winning outsourced accounting, tax planning strategy, and growth advisory firm for businesses located in Atlanta, Georgia, and all around the United States. We are a very technologically forward-thinking and growth-minded firm, and this extends to both our clients and staff. Our clients rely on us to help them stabilize, analyze, and grow their businesses. Because we do a great job of this we’re growing and are looking to bring a Senior Tax & Accounting Specialist into our fold!
Key Responsibilities & Role Requirements
To succeed in this role you must be someone who really enjoys doing all of the essential tax & accounting tasks our clients trust us with such as:
- File federal and state returns, extensions, and quarterly payments
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues
- Maintain legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws
- Maintain compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities
- Identify profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure the correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Maintain focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent issues
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Team player who embraces collaboration, change and process improvement
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- Detail-oriented team player who understands the importance of paying close attention to detail
- Adaptable/flexible team player who enjoys working in an environment that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Desire to mentor staff accountants
- Advanced Excel skills
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting (Master’s in Tax or Accounting preferred)
- CPA certification (or progress towards certification)
- 5+ years of current public accounting experience with partnerships and multi-state returns
- Proficiency with computerized tax software (UltraTax) and MS Office
- Ability to service multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with the emphasis on the ability to articulate complex tax and financial information to all levels of clients
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced Quickbooks Pro-Adviser Certification is a plus
- Netsuite experience is a plus
The Fusion CPA Way:
We have an unbeatable culture dedicated to developing leaders within our industry. Our vision is creating a financial foundation & culture of accountability wherein CPAs & clients thrive together! It is our intention to be the CPA firm of the future.
Individuals who exhibit the following characteristics tend to be a great cultural fit for Fusion CPA.
- Transparent — We are honest about our strengths, weaknesses & intentions with each other and our clients.
- Aligned — We align the needs and wants of both the Fusion CPA team and clients.
- Passionate — We take immense pride in our work and constantly strive to meet and exceed our client’s expectations.
- Accountable — We hold ourselves independently accountable to the work we are entrusted with so we thrive with team members
We take care of our employees. We value our employees, and we will pave the path for your career progression. We consistently provide continuous learning and training via mentorship from both our internal and external experts.
How to Apply
Submit your resume to email@example.com with the email subject
[your first and last name – Name of Position Resume For Fusion CPA]